:T: Koops > Unknown Armies

Atlas stellt UA ein?

(1/1)

Sentinel:
Habe gerade gelesen, das Atlas die Produktion neuer Supplements für Unknown Armies einstellt und die Supplements auch nicht nachdrucken wird  :'(

Das Grundbuch wird aber vermutlich noch eine Weile weiter vertrieben.

Finde ich sehr schade, ich bin erst vor kurzem in UA eingestiegen und habe mich auch schon mit allen Büchern eingedeckt, trotzdem tut es immer weh, ein derart geniales Spiel beendet zu sehen...

Selganor [n/a]:
Jestocost hat das an anderer Stelle hier schon geklaert:

--- Zitat von: Jestocost am 12.02.2004 | 09:22 ---Wie ihr vielleicht wisst, werden in nächster Zeit keine neuen amerikanischen Quellenbücher für Unknown Armies herauskommen. Was nicht so schlimm ist: Meiner Meinung braucht es auch keine weiteren.

Das heisst aber nicht, dass das Spiel tot ist - eher in einer Ruhephase. Und nach der Aktivität der Mailing Liste und den Posts of www.unknown-armies.com sind die Spieler immer noch sehr aktiv.

Hier ist eine Erklärung dazu von John Nephew:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Aegypto
It was mentioned in the UA mailing list that there are no more supplements on schedule - it wasn't selling well enough to keep the line going.

At some point Atlas may decide to publish another UA book - as it happened with At your Service for Over the Edge - but at present, the line is effectively on stasis.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This summarizes things pretty well.

It is, unfortunately, a very tough time for RPGs, especially niche RPGs like Unknown Armies. To be honest, the UA core rulebook continues to sell better than my expectations -- but supplement sales are not nearly so strong. A realistic look at the numbers suggests that future supplements would lose money. We need to focus our development/investments elsewhere.

On the bright side, UA continues to have some good things going for it. For one thing, it's pretty darn complete as it stands -- I don't feel like we're abandoning the line with any big holes of must-have books that haven't been written. Heck, the comprehensiveness of the core rulebook is probably something that hinders supplement sales, since we've never been much in the "gotta buy 'em all" approach to RPG line planning.

For another, fans of the game are *devoted*, as you can tell from all the threads on this website, the mailing list, and unknown-armies.com. If anyone is worried about inspirational material, there's a LOT out there, and I see no reason to expect that creative output of the game's active players to diminish.

I expect that when the core rulebook sells out, we will reprint it. Existing supplements are generally in good supply, but are not likely to be reprinted; instead, they'll be offered as pay-per-download when we've sold out of printed copies (as we've already done with Postmodern Magick).

I'm intensely proud of Unknown Armies, and honored to be its publisher. I hope it will continue to delight players and blow peoples' minds for a long time to come.

-John Nephew
President, Atlas Games

--- Ende Zitat ---

Jestocost:
Nun, Atlas hat noch ziemlich viele Supplements auf Halde - bis auf Postmodern Magick, aber dieses gibt es als PDF von www.RPGnow.com für laue 11.95 $.

Und wenn das eine oder andere Quellenbuch ausverkauft sein wird, dann gibt es das halt auch als PDF.

Ehrlich gesagt, stört es mich wenig, dass jetzt erst mal keine weiteren Bücher für UA rauskommen. Einfach weil es wirklich keine braucht (mmh, außer einem Europa Quellenband... Aber das kriegen wir schon hin, wenn sich in Deutschland, Frankreich, Spanien und Polen genügend Spieler dafür interessieren.)

Irgendwie finde ich diese Panikmache auch übertrieben - nur weil kein neues Buch herauskommt, heisst das doch nicht, dass das Spiel tot ist - im Gegenteil. Jetzt sind die Spieler gefragt. Und ich finde es übrigens klasse, dass ich mir in einem Schwung alles von UA holen kann, ohne das mein Bücherregal und Geldbeutel zusammenbricht. Warum denn 100 Bücher, wenn's auch 6-8 tun.

Hier noch ein Zitat zum Thema von Greg Stolze, dem UA Autor:

--- Zitat ---Had some fun, made some money, killed some time.

UA was a blast. It's been an artistic success (in my mind anyhow, and that's the criteria I'm going to apply). It's paid to replace my rain gutters and my busted garage door and then some. I learned a lot and met some cool people. Perhaps most rewarding, I saw something I did inspire gobsmackingly cool ideas in other gamers.

Sure, there were some big pains in the ass, but you get that with anything. I've got no regrets. Well, except the regret that I didn't make a million bucks and lord my wealth over everyone who was mean to me in junior high. But you get that with anything.

The novel's done and laid out. In the next couple weeks, I'm going to go over the layout and look for errors, the cover is (theoretically) in the works, and when that stuff is all in, I'll be selling it out of my home. If you're interested in buying a copy, PM me your email address and I'll let you know when it's for sale.
--- Ende Zitat ---

Also, wer Godwalker haben möchte, der gehe auf www.rpg.net, schaue ins Forum, suche GregStolze als User und schicke ihm eine Nachricht.

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln