Pen & Paper - Spielsysteme > Fading Suns

FS News

(1/7) > >>

Azzu:
Erinnert ihr euch noch daran, dass HDi, bevor die Webseite vom Netz ging, "Dystopia Inc." angekündigt hatte, ein Spiel aus dem FS-Universum zur Zeit der Ersten Republik mit Cyberpunk-Feel? Dystopia sollte die Regeln von d20 Modern verwenden.

Das Projekt gibt es noch, jetzt aber unter dem Namen "Sathranet". Und, euch Ketzer wird es freuen: VPS statt d20!

Ein Zitat von Bill Bridges (gestern auf der Dystopia-Mailingliste):

Sathranet will have a revised version of VPS, the same overall system but a bit more streamlined in the amount of characteristics and skills. We're still testing it, so I can't say for sure what it will finally look like, but it's fun to be tinkering with it again.

VPS bekommt also bald eine dritte Edition!

Boba Fett:
Redax Info:
Ich pinne diese  Thread mal, damit er oben bleibt.
Er soll dann generell für News aus dem FS Universum dienen.
Also bitte hier News einposten.
Kommentare zu den news bitte in den    
FS News - OT Smalltalk 8)

Vash the stampede:
So es gibt neuigkeiten auf der Site von Holistic Design zu dem "FS-Vorgänger":
HDI announced the title of its cyberpunk Fading Suns game "Sathranet" at Origins by displaying the above banner. (Art by John Bridges) The banner provides just a hint at what the setting is like, but we'll be revealing more over the coming weeks and months. The game, set in the First Republic era of the Fading Suns timeline, shows us an era where the zaibatsu corporations ruled Earth and colonized the first worlds that were discovered through the jumpgate. It also depicts the beginning of a nascent religious movement that would eventually end the reign of the First Republic and send humankind across the stars. It all starts with a single word... sathra.

Und noch eine Nachricht, besonders für Boba Fett:
Holistic Design and DriveThruRPG.com will be offering the FADING SUNS Second Edition Rulebook for download absolutely free during the week of August 9th, 2004 to August 15th, 2004.

Azzu:

--- Zitat von: Enkidi Li Halan am 13.08.2004 | 10:19 ---Hmmm... fadingsuns.com ist "down for maintenance". Mal sehen, was sich da so tut....

--- Ende Zitat ---

Nach drei Wochen "down for maintenance" kündigt HDi in einem umfassenden Update an, dass Andrew auf irgend einem Con in den USA eine Rede hält?  ;)

Oder kommt etwa gar die "all new website", an der John und Bill Bridges nun schon seit über einem Jahr basteln? Wenn ich mich richtig erinnere, wurden auch Foren versprochen!

Azzu:
Hier ein Beitrag von Bill Bridges im Holistic Forum über die kommenden Publikationen für FS:

--- Zitat ---As you all have surmised, we're quite behind schedule on a number of products. There are a host of reasons for that, but I'm not going to get into them all. Suffice it to say that I spent a lot of time over the last year revising White Wolf's World of Darkness and Storytelling system, and I'm currently heavily embroiled in redesigning Mage (no, I can't talk about it yet). Andrew has had other pressing computer projects, as have other HDIers.

So, that said, let me talk about a few products:

• Arcane Technology: A collection of weird tech from a host of contributors, similar to Lord Erbian's Bestiary but for technology. Andrew is now putting the final touches on developing the book. All I have left to do is finish the Alustro's Journal entry, but I'm waiting to read through some of the entries I haven't seen yet, so I can add some pertinent details. I'll try to get John to post a cover on the site soon.

• Sathra Net: A whole new game set in the First Republic era. It's our take on cyberpunk, or what we think cyberpunk should be from where we stand in the early 21st century. It's still undergoing a redesign of some basic rules. I hope to post those Victory Point System rule here soon, to get some feedback. Otherwise, I still need to shore up the setting, which keeps morphing on me as new ideas occur.

• War in the Heavens -- Pantheon: Yeah, yeah, it's late -- real late. The problem is that what once began as a sourcebook/drama morphed into something more revolutionary to the setting. Also, Sathra Net has changed some of my thinking on certain core concepts. So... I'm waiting till Sathra Net is done before I get back to this, and I think it will be scaled down again from my lofty plans. Some of the sweeping changes might instead occur in another sourcebook -- who knows, maybe a 3rd ed rulebook? The system might need updating after Sathra Net.

So, that's my report for now. There are other irons in the fire, but I don't want to mention them yet or I'll never hear the end of it if they don't manifest soon.

Thanks for the patience!
--- Ende Zitat ---

Navigation

[0] Themen-Index

[#] Nächste Seite

Zur normalen Ansicht wechseln