Autor Thema: RRR - Rise Roar Revolt  (Gelesen 632 mal)

Online AndreJarosch

• Famous Hero
  • Mythras/RuneQuest/BRP/W100-Fanatiker
  • Username: AndreJarosch
RRR - Rise Roar Revolt
« am: 3.04.2022 | 19:11 »
RRR - Rise Roar Revolt

Is a Tollywood/Bollywood action movie set in the 1920s.

After seeing (and loving) the Bahubali movie(s) i was eager to see the new movie from the same author/director duo.

It is a film set in 1920s india. Two rebels against the british ocupators.
The heroes are larger than life.
It is a bromance, but also includes two little romances.
There is a lot of over the top action, and very well made CGI effects.
There is some singing and dancing, but never inappropriate, it all is fitting to the film.
There is drama, betrayel, HEROISM, and more.
The film has no fantasy elements what so ever (except the larger than live heroes deeds, heroic poses, etc.).

After watching just the trailer i thought at first, that apart from watching this movie i could use some of the ideas in the film for a Call of Cthulhu game. It is set in the 1920s in india after all! Add some cthuloid elements and motivations, and the british could be Cthulhu worshippers, trying to enslave the indian population to feed their god! Or the indians worship an ancient Great Old One, and the british investigators have to stop the savages!
Whatever...

I was WRONG!

This movie is not one i see as adapting ideas from for Cthulhu, but more for RuneQuest Glorantha!

My advice:
Go and watch this movie. It is excellent!

I saw this movie yesterday night at the cinma in Telugo with english subtitles. The british actors speak english (and are also subtitled in english), the indian actors speak Telugu (and are subtitled in english), on rare coccasions some indian actors speak a few sentences in english (which also also subtitled in english).

Attached the trailer in Telugu, but you can add english subtitles on Youtube.

Why this recomendation/review in english?
Because if you are not able to read THIS, you will not be able to read the subtitles!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgBoMJy386M

Offline Murphy

• Experienced
  • Username: ViceEarl
    • PEN & PAPER BLOG
Re: RRR - Rise Roar Revolt
« Antwort #1 am: 3.04.2022 | 20:34 »
Ich mochte Bahubali sehr. Noch nie zuvor hatte ich so einen Film gesehen. Ich war überfordert und fasziniert gleichermassen.

Online AndreJarosch

• Famous Hero
« Antwort #2 am: 3.04.2022 | 20:52 »
Ich mochte Bahubali sehr. Noch nie zuvor hatte ich so einen Film gesehen. Ich war überfordert und fasziniert gleichermassen.

Bahubali ist einer meiner All-Time-Favourites.

Wenn dir "Bahubali" gefallen hat, dann gefällt dir "RRR" auch.
Und guck dir "Maghadeera" an (ist kostenlos auf Youtube in Telglu mit englischen Untertiteln zu sehen):
Eine kurze Rückblende in das Jahr 1600, dann 1 Stunde Film im heutigen Indien, dann fast 1 Stunde die volle Hintergrundgeschichte in 1600, dann das Ende in heutiger Zeit.

https://amara.org/en/videos/0UhqKfvqeEJK/en/575815/

Auch da sind die Macher die von Bahubali, der Hauptdarsteller von Maghadeera ist einer der beiden Hauptdarsteller von RRR.

Online AndreJarosch

• Famous Hero
« Antwort #3 am: 1.06.2022 | 07:55 »
Für Leute mit Netflix:
RRR läuft seit kurzen im Original mit englischen Untertiteln.

Es wird nicht sooo viel geredet, so dass man mit dem Lesen gut nachkommt.
Es lohnt sich!

Offline Gwynplaine

• the Laminator
  • Famous Hero
  • Häscher™ des Grafen
  • Username: Asuryan
« Antwort #4 am: 8.07.2022 | 07:42 »
Ich habe ihn gestern gesehen und muss tatsächlich sagen, dass der Film jetzt zu meinen persönlichen Highlights der letzten Jahre(!) gehört.

Von der Story über die Schauspieler, der visuellen Präsentation (Kamera, Schnitt, Effekte) und der Musik stimmt aus meiner Sicht hier wirklich alles.
Der Film hat Drama, Action, Herz und die drei Stunden Laufzeit vergehen tatsächlich wie im Flug.

Absolute Empfehlung!