Autor Thema: English Question about Agone  (Gelesen 3505 mal)

Offline Kardinal Richelingo

• Eed_de der HERZEN
  • Legend
  • Username: eed_de
English Question about Agone
« am: 11.12.2004 | 11:18 »
So, here is the place to pose questions to our french friends.

1. Les Acrobates Assissins

Really, I didn`t understand much, why are the Acrobates Assisns in League with plants ? Or did I get that totally wrong ?

2. Les GRos (The Obese)

Where do they come from ? What are they like ?
"Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids,
we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and
listening to repetitive electronic music."

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989

Le_GDF

• Gast
Re: English Question about Agone
« Antwort #1 am: 12.12.2004 | 16:44 »
Zitat

Really, I didn`t understand much, why are the Acrobates Assisns in League with plants ? Or did I get that totally wrong ?

Sorry but i don't understand the question...

Zitat
2. Les GRos (The Obese)

Where do they come from ? What are they like ?

The arrival of the "Gros" brought the time of prosperity.  People found strange babies splashing in some immondes ponds of the city.  Between a larva and a human small child, these creatures, in the Abyssal environment of Abyme, became true mascots.  Not very many, they made proof, while growing, of attractive capacities.  They formed a unit with the city.  The citizens took them in affection, involved their obesity.

• Eed_de der HERZEN
  • Legend
« Antwort #2 am: 12.12.2004 | 16:55 »
Hey GDF,

tahnx for answering ! :)

Zitat

Sorry but i don't understand the question...

I thought so ! Could you summarize what the whole Acrobates Assissins are all about ? I didn`t get it, the part in "Les Organisations" is very hard to understand. Thanx ! There is something about pollen and assissins vertes I don`t really follow !

« Letzte Änderung: 12.12.2004 | 17:12 von eed_de »

Le_GDF

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 12.12.2004 | 20:53 »
The "Pollen" is a kind of magic dust. it use by lutins to make magical effects, praticular to their "Décan".
You can see the picture page 61. It's "Pollen" which leaves the trunk.
The green murderers (diables verts) are the futur "Acrobates Assassins".
The principal goal of the AA is to bring back "modéhenne" splendour. They protect the "Empire Modéhen". It disapears with the "Feu des Origines" which destroys forests of the "Empire Modéhen". Now, it subdivided : "Terres Veuves", "République mercenaire", "Empire de Keshe" and the heritage of the "Empire Modéhen", "Les Marches modéhennes".
AA protect the Druids, "lord" of "Les Marches Modéhennes" and they try to bring back the Empire.

NiceGuyEddie

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 12.12.2004 | 21:03 »
All questions are answered, so I might perhaps ask a small question wich has nothing to do with Agone: Is it true, that threre is the word "le waldsterben" in French?

Please excuse my bad enlish (even if i don't think that there's a mistake in the sentence above). I'm still going to school (10. class now).
« Letzte Änderung: 12.12.2004 | 21:08 von NiceGuyEddie »

Le_GDF

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 12.12.2004 | 21:15 »
Zitat
threre, waldsterben

Sorry but i don't understand...

NiceGuyEddie

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 12.12.2004 | 21:27 »
I just read in a newspaper article about this topic (waldsterben means the dying of woods, by diseases for example), that this panic and paranoia about this would be very specific for germans, and that a word for this doesn't exist in other languages so the german word is also used in France. I just wanted to know if that's right, but you don't know this word, so it's probably not.

Offline Vale waan Takis

• antik und dekadent
  • Legend
  • Zeit für eine Challenge
  • Username: Vale waan Takis
« Antwort #7 am: 12.12.2004 | 22:57 »

Indeed the Acrobat Assasins are  one of my favourite Organisations at Harmundia.
The idea of a secret service closely linked to nature is great. But only in the Modehan Marches this idea is believable.
As I understood it Modehan is generally closly linked to nature. The Sylds, the Druid and of course the Guild of Arcobat assasins.
Nature grants a big repertoire of weapons and gimmicks why shouldn't it be used by agents of a realm like Modehan?
In my opinion there is a symbiotic relationship between the acrobat-assasins and products of nature (like plants and animals).
The Sylds are the border defense, the Guards of Modehan. The assasins are the special forces, with the very special arsena modehan can deliver  ;)
Back

Le_GDF

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 12.12.2004 | 23:17 »
However this organization is criticized enough, not for its background, but rather because they are too powerful :)
In fact, acrobat-assassins aren't more linked with nature than the other lutins. They love nature and live with it.
These weapons and gimmicks are made to be used by AA because they require a special train, as well as particular care.
It's a phylosophy too. In fact, AA (so the lutins) use vegetal weapons whereas other races use "metal" weapons. Normally, the lutins are peaceful, but the War of the Seasons ("La Guerre des Décans") shows them it was necessary to fight to survive.

Offline Vale waan Takis

• antik und dekadent
  • Legend
« Antwort #9 am: 12.12.2004 | 23:20 »
Ähm, sorry. What are Lutins?  ::)
Back

• Eed_de der HERZEN
  • Legend
« Antwort #10 am: 13.12.2004 | 09:00 »
lutins ? should be the spriggans, vale, not sure, though ! Thanx GDF, that really helped :)

Offline Vale waan Takis

• antik und dekadent
  • Legend
« Antwort #11 am: 13.12.2004 | 11:24 »
okay  ;) or maybe sprites. The majority of the AA are sprites so this makes sense
Back

Le_GDF

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 13.12.2004 | 15:19 »
I don't know what's the translation of "lutin".
Only humans and "lutins" can be AA, so you can understand :)

Offline Vale waan Takis

• antik und dekadent
  • Legend
« Antwort #13 am: 13.12.2004 | 15:30 »
Qieck look in the Rulebook p.49
Zitat
...Acrobat assasins may be human or seasonling, although the majority are sprites.

So I guess lutin=sprite  ;)
Back

Cycronos

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 13.12.2004 | 19:24 »
I just read in a newspaper article about this topic (waldsterben means the dying of woods, by diseases for example), that this panic and paranoia about this would be very specific for germans, and that a word for this doesn't exist in other languages so the german word is also used in France. I just wanted to know if that's right, but you don't know this word, so it's probably not.

It just so happens that I got in touch with this word during my studies at the university. It sounds kinda freaky, but really does exist in France. It´s not very common, though.

I hope the others excuse my OT-babble....

The more I read about agone, the more interesting it becomes. Perhaps I´ll take a closer look, once my exams are over.

• Eed_de der HERZEN
  • Legend
« Antwort #15 am: 13.12.2004 | 19:33 »

The more I read about agone, the more interesting it becomes. Perhaps I´ll take a closer look, once my exams are over.

:d