Autor Thema: "White Wolf Announces Second Edition of Exalted"  (Gelesen 16555 mal)

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
  • High Squirrel King of Ireland
  • Username: Bluerps
    • Die Schwarze Schar (meine ED-Gruppe)
Falls es wer noch nicht weiss. :)
Das kam gestern Abend über die Mailingliste (copy&paste):

White Wolf Announces Second Edition of “Exalted®”

Atlanta, GA; June 10, 2005—Ending a rash of speculation, White Wolf Publishing announced today that it will be releasing a second edition of its wildly popular pen-and-paper roleplaying game Exalted in 2006. White Wolf first gave hints of its intentions with a titillating “leak” in its quarterly catalog, and it has now confirmed that the Second Edition will be in stores early next year.

The early “leak” brings to mind White Wolf’s long campaign of hints and teases surrounding the original 2001 release of Exalted, which left fans speculating for more than a year as to what the prospective game might actually be about. This time around, though, White Wolf promises fans a far shorter wait for this much advanced version of its anime- and wuxia-inspired reimagination of epic fantasy storytelling.

On the design side, Exalted Art Director Brian Glass is approaching the forthcoming project with a zeal inspired by the game’s legacy to date. “I’ve striven to push myself as a designer for each hardback book we’ve done,” said Glass, “so to be able to take this fantastic setting and reshape it visually, adding to the vast lushness that’s come before, is an exciting task that I can’t wait to undertake.” Also looking forward with great enthusiasm is John Chambers, the copyeditor for every Exalted book to date, save one. “As the Exalted editor since the launch of the line,” Chambers raves, “I’ve watched the evolution of the game since prior to its debut, and I can say without fear of contradiction that the second edition Geoff and I have cooked up is an even stronger game than the original.”

What’s more, the second edition of Exalted not only showcases revisions and refinements of the rules and setting, but highlights the passing of the torch to John Chambers from Exalted Developer Geoffrey C. Grabowski. With the new edition, John Chambers steps fully from the role of editor and co-developer to sole developer and intellectual property manager.

“John and I are of one mind here in reverence and irreverence,” outgoing developer Grabowski said. Added Chambers, “I’m ecstatic that, when he decided to move on, Geoff chose me to succeed him as Exalted developer, and I’m looking forward to putting my own stamp on this game that I love.”
The second edition of Exalted, a 352-page full-color hardcover roleplaying rulebook, releases in February 2006.

Exalted Second Edition
WW80000; ISBN 1-58846-684-1; $39.99 US
352-page full-color hardcover

About Exalted

Exalted is White Wolf’s dark anime fantasy property, set on a world that existed in a time before our own age of legend. Combining high levels of magic and action — with gods walking the earth and great heroes who can stand toe to toe with them — Exalted avoids traditional European fantasy stereotypes, focusing instead on pulp fantasy, epic narrative and Asian kung-fu melodrama. Launched as a pen-and-paper roleplaying game in 2001, Exalted has garnered a legion of fans and grown into a mature property that includes not only games, but novels, pewter miniatures, comic books, branded apparel and more. For more on Exalted, visit <http://www.white-wolf.com/exalted/>.

About White Wolf

White Wolf Publishing, Inc. is one of two undisputed worldwide publishing leaders for pen-and-paper roleplaying games. White Wolf’s Storytelling games include Vampire: The Requiem? and the rest of the World of Darkness® line, the manga-inspired fantasy game Exalted®, and a myriad of fantasy games published under the Sword & Sorcery Studios? umbrella. White Wolf also publishes the world’s #1 multiplayer collectible card game, Vampire: The Eternal Struggle®. White Wolf properties have been licensed for television series, comic books, action figures, console and computer video games, coin-operated arcade games, professional wrestlers, replica props and weapons, interactive media events, and a myriad of merchandise. More information on White Wolf is available at <http://www.white-wolf.com>.

Bluerps
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"
   --- Cave Johnson, CEO Aperture Science

Offline X

• Experienced
  • Username: X
Re: "White Wolf Announces Second Edition of Exalted"
« Antwort #1 am: 11.06.2005 | 12:00 »
Ich schlage eine gemeinsame Diskussion im entsprechenden Thread auf Travar.de vor, um Doppelpostings zu sparen
http://www.travar.de/koops/avalonprojekt/index.php?action=display;board=795;threadid=3188469
Most Scheming Conceiver des Travar.de-Exalted-Boards
Anathema - Exalted Character and Campaign Management

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
  • Username: Morpheus
« Antwort #2 am: 11.06.2005 | 14:12 »
Habe ich da full-color gelesen?

Das tut meiner Kauf-Resistenz schon mal gar nicht gut... ;)
Mitarbeiterführung ist die Fähigkeit, den Mitarbeiter so über den Tisch zu ziehen, dass er die Reibungshitze als Nestwärme empfindet.

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #3 am: 4.07.2005 | 16:26 »
Gerade auf RPGnet entdeckt: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=203492
Erste Informationen für Exalted 2E

I was at the Exalted Q&A session at Origins, and I took some notes on what they have planned for the new edition:

* First of all, Brawl and Martial Arts have been combined, as have Endurance and Resistance. There are two new abilities: War, which is all about strategy and tactics and sees use in the mass combat system; and Integrity, which is about resisting persuasion and is important to the new social interaction system.

* Social interaction has been revised to quantify exactly how hard it is to convince somebody to sell you their firstborn, and how much of a fight they can put up. (Geoff fully expects some people to hate this, but says it had to be done.)

* Combat has seen some big changes. Turns are gone; they've been replaced with a system of "ticks," where different maneuvers take slightly different lengths of time to complete. (Another effect of this is that you only have to roll for initiative once, at the beginning of combat.) Instead of rolling Dodge, you get a fixed Defense Value -- when using a charm, however, you roll dice and add successes to this.

* Some charms have been changed or added -- there are now dice adder, extra success, and reroll charms for every ability. There are also a few more higher-tier Solar charms in the corebook, mostly from the castebooks. Oh, and the Dawn anima ability doesn't suck anymore.

* The core book is going to be in color, and will probably have an introductory comic instead of introductory fiction. Both of these may be carried over to supplements as well, but they're not sure yet.

* The setting is pretty much the same. They have a slightly tighter thematic focus for the Solars -- it'll be easier to tell that they were originally lawgivers and god-kings and things of that nature.

* Supplements coming in the first year:
- ST Companion, with a lot more detail on antagonists and their abilities than the first one
- Magitech book, which will concentrate all that stuff so you don't have to use it if you don't want to
- Direction Book on the Scavenger Lands
- New DB book
- Direction Book on the Realm, seperate from the DB book

And yes, they are going to revise Lunars.
Mitarbeiterführung ist die Fähigkeit, den Mitarbeiter so über den Tisch zu ziehen, dass er die Reibungshitze als Nestwärme empfindet.

Offline Suro

• Mad Lord Heinzula V.
  • Legend
  • Blub blub
  • Username: Surodhet
« Antwort #4 am: 4.07.2005 | 16:35 »
 :'(
Woher soll man das Geld haben sich das zu leisten....und hätten die das nicht n halbes Jahr früher ankündigen können...da hatte ich noch nur das Grundbuch....
Diese bösartigen ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 4.07.2005 | 16:41 von Surodhet »
Suro janai, Katsuro da!

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #5 am: 4.07.2005 | 16:46 »
Was soll ich dazu sagen. :D

Ich kaufe momentan alles von Exalted, nWoD und WFRP.
Die Qualität der D&D Produkte von WotC hatt glücklicherweise (für meinen Geldbeutel) nachgelassen.

Soll ich darauf hoffen das SR 4 schlecht wird... ;)

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #6 am: 4.07.2005 | 18:06 »
Das hoffe ich auch. Aber ums GRW gibts wohl kein Drumherum.

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #7 am: 4.07.2005 | 21:57 »
Ich gehe davon aus das alle Hardcover überarbeitet werden.
Die Frage ist nur wie schnell..

Ich möchte nicht nochmal Jahre darauf warten bis alle komplett ist.

Offline Imiri

• energieineffizient
  • Famous Hero
  • Username: Imiri
    • Rollenspiel-Freiburg
« Antwort #8 am: 4.07.2005 | 22:30 »
Und mit ein bischen Glück gibt es dann auch gleich die 3rd ;)
Alle Mongolen fürchten sich vor dem Donner, warum du nicht? Ich hatte keinen Ort an dem ich mich hätte verstecken können und da habe ich aufgehört mich zu fürchten!

Wenn du mehr wissen willst: Imiri -wer ist das?

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #9 am: 5.07.2005 | 08:44 »
Sei nicht so pessimistisch. :(

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #10 am: 5.07.2005 | 12:25 »
Hm. Wenns hier solche fanatischen ich-kauf-alles-Fans gibt, warum gibts dann so wenig Aktivität in dem Forum? :)
(Oder kauft ihr die Bücher, weil die so hübsch aussehen? ;D)

Bluerps
"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Offline Imiri

• energieineffizient
  • Famous Hero
  • Username: Imiri
    • Rollenspiel-Freiburg
« Antwort #11 am: 5.07.2005 | 14:52 »
Die Bücher sehen wirklich hübsch aus.
Und deshalb kommen jetzt erst die Systeme dran, die nicht so hübsch sind, wenn sie im Schrank stehen ;)

Aber mal im ernst. Ich hab jetzt 2 einhalb Jahre lang ED geleitet und werd es wohl nach der Pause wieder tun. Exalted war mir da für die Pause einfach zu ähnlich...(Highfantasy).
Alle Mongolen fürchten sich vor dem Donner, warum du nicht? Ich hatte keinen Ort an dem ich mich hätte verstecken können und da habe ich aufgehört mich zu fürchten!

Wenn du mehr wissen willst: Imiri -wer ist das?

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #12 am: 5.07.2005 | 17:12 »
Hm. Wenns hier solche fanatischen ich-kauf-alles-Fans gibt, warum gibts dann so wenig Aktivität in dem Forum? :)
Ich brauche die Zeit um das ganze Zeug auch zu lesen...

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #13 am: 5.07.2005 | 22:12 »
Ich brauche die Zeit um das ganze Zeug auch zu lesen...
... und dabei gibts nie irgendwelche Fragen? ;)

Bluerps

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #14 am: 6.07.2005 | 12:45 »
Zitat
Oder kauft ihr die Bücher, weil die so hübsch aussehen? ;D
Hey! Was soll den der Smiley da?  >:(

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #15 am: 6.07.2005 | 13:07 »
Es liegt an der Buchbindung.
WW mischt Drogen in den Kleber.

Einmal am Fair Folk Buch gerochen und hatte fast eine Überdosis....

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #16 am: 6.07.2005 | 16:55 »
Hey! Was soll den der Smiley da?  >:(
Der soll der Welt verkünden, dass ich weiss das Bücher im Normalfall nicht zum Anschaun im Regal stehen, so schön sie auch sein mögen. :D
(Von Bildbänden vielleicht mal abgesehen)

Es liegt an der Buchbindung.
WW mischt Drogen in den Kleber.
Nicht nur in den Kleber - die Seiten sind auch mit dem Zeug beschichtet.

Bluerps

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #17 am: 6.07.2005 | 17:29 »
Zitat
Der soll der Welt verkünden, dass ich weiss das Bücher im Normalfall nicht zum Anschaun im Regal stehen, so schön sie auch sein mögen.
Du hast Dir Nobilis immer noch nicht gekauft, stimmts? :)

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #18 am: 6.07.2005 | 17:45 »
Du hast Dir Nobilis immer noch nicht gekauft, stimmts? :)
Doch. Bis jetzt liegts im Regal und sieht schön aus... ::) ;D
(was daran liegt das ich keine Zeit habe es zu lesen :))

Bluerps

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #19 am: 6.07.2005 | 19:06 »
Zitat
Bis jetzt liegts im Regal und sieht schön aus...
  ~;D

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #20 am: 6.07.2005 | 21:54 »
Haben hier noch ein paar Leut zu wenig Zeit zum spielen und kompensieren das mit zuviel Geld für Regelwerke?  ;)
Früher war das bei mir noch andersherum, seufz. :'(

Wir könnten jetzt eigentlich damit anfangen über die Auswirkungen der bisher bekannten Regeländerungen zu schwätzen.

Ich werfe mal einen Ball in den Raum:
Dank der fixen Verteidigung für Nicht-Charm-Nutzer dürfte das Mook-Schlachten wohl erheblich schneller von der Hand gehen.
Eine Regelung mit der ich leben kann. >;D

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #21 am: 6.07.2005 | 22:20 »
Haben hier noch ein paar Leut zu wenig Zeit zum spielen und kompensieren das mit zuviel Geld für Regelwerke?  ;)
Früher war das bei mir noch andersherum, seufz. :'(
Als angefangen hab, Exalted zu kaufen, hatte ich auch keine Zeit das zu spielen und habs nur immer weiter gekauft,weil ich die Bücher so cool fand. Mittlerweile hab ich aber ne Runde. :)
Zitat
Dank der fixen Verteidigung für Nicht-Charm-Nutzer dürfte das Mook-Schlachten wohl erheblich schneller von der Hand gehen.
Gut möglich ja. Es kann aber sein, dass das Kampfsystem dadurch an Tiefe verliert, weil man sich jetzt nicht mehr entscheiden muss, ob oder wie man verteidigt.

Bluerps

Offline Morpheus

• Hero
« Antwort #22 am: 6.07.2005 | 23:08 »
Ich gehe davon aus, daß die feste Verteidigung gegen andere Exalted bei weitem nicht ausreicht. Und das sind ja eigentlich die Kämpfe auf die es ankommt. Ich stelle mir das in etwa so wie den Defense-Wert in nWoD vor. Ein Wert zwischen 1-5 der von den Angriffswürfelpool abgezogen wird.
Das hilft ganz gut gegen Mooks aber gegen einen Exalted mit Pool im 15+ Bereich wohl eher nicht.

Offline Bluerps

• Bierhalter
  • Mythos
« Antwort #23 am: 7.07.2005 | 00:26 »
Ja, so denk ich mir das auch, aber deswegen muss man sich trotzdem nicht mehr zwischen den zwei aktiven Verteidigungen entscheiden. :)

Bluerps

Offline X

• Experienced
« Antwort #24 am: 7.07.2005 | 08:41 »
Auch bei einer nicht gewürfelten Defense kann man sich zwischen verschiedenen Verteidigungsarten entscheiden müssen.