Autor Thema: NaGa DeMon (National Game Design Month)  (Gelesen 1616 mal)

Ein

• Gast
NaGa DeMon (National Game Design Month)
« am: 29.10.2011 | 19:21 »
National Game Design Month is about making and playing games. In 2011 during the month of November I want You to create and play your own boardgame, RPG, flash computer game, choose-your-own-adventure book, wargame, cardgame or other destracting novelty. The rules are simple – create, write and play (at least once) a game during the month.

There are no restrictions on what kind of game you create; how “big”, “long” or “hard” it is; or how long you must spend creating it. If you want to bang out an RPG in 24-hours, go right ahead; if you want to spend 3 weeks putting together an electronic game, do it! Here are what constitute the “rules” of NaGa DeMon;

Create the game in November. It can be based on ideas, notes and other resources, but the putting together of the game should occur during the month.

Finish the game in November. Complete the game! A complete game should have everything required to play – no hand-waving (“Oh, I’ll make those cards later”) allowed! In the case of an RPG this means rules for character generation, resolving conflict, experience, and setting. Boardgames will need the actual board, pawns, cards and/or other objects gathered or created. Wargames will require rules for all the pertinent action and probably a couple of army / force lists (and you will obviously need some armies to battle with when it comes time to play the game!).

Play the game in November. It doesn’t matter whether you play your game in the garage with your mates, on line with a stranger, with your Nan over a cup of tea, or by yourself in the attic – just play it at least once!

Talk about your experience. Either during November or after, talk about what you did; share the game with others; blog about the process; tell everyone how awesome you did or how epic your failure was. What’s the point of creating your own game if you don’t tell everyone about it!

I hope you participate in this activity. Let me know what you think of the concept and whether you are going to give it a go.

via Nathan Russel
« Letzte Änderung: 29.10.2011 | 19:23 von Ein »

Taschenschieber

• Gast
Re: NaGa DeMon (National Game Design Month)
« Antwort #1 am: 30.10.2011 | 14:06 »
Ich gehe mal davon aus, dass mit "National" nicht wir gemeint sind, aber egal.

Das klingt ja mal nach einer coolen Aktion - macht da jemand von euch mit?

Offline Abdul Alhazred

• Experienced
  • /|\(;,,,,;)/|\
  • Username: Der Zar
    • Borcapokalypse
« Antwort #2 am: 30.10.2011 | 15:04 »
Ich werd versuchen mit einem Brettspiel dabei zu sein. Ob ich die Zeit dafür haben werde kann ich aber erst ab ca. Mitte der Woche absehen. Sonst noch jemand ?
Überprüfen kann das eh kein Mensch, also mach einfach das Richtige (TM).

I will scream and explode in a fiery ball of annoyance.

P.s.: The auto-correct for "cthulhoid" is “catholic”

I know space travel is possible! I am, myself, from a far far future!
Sorry for the poor English! In my time we all speak arabic.

Ein

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 30.10.2011 | 16:03 »
Ursprünglich wollte ich ja beim NaNoWriMo teilnehmen, aber bei mir wird es wohl auch der NaGa DeMon. Bei mir wird ein Sidescrolling Taktik-RPG inspiriert von Megaman. Wird vorgefertigte Charaktere und "Levels" haben, die sich aus festen Elementen (Screens) zusammensetzt, so in der Art von Dungeontiles nur halt Sidescrolling.

Hab sogar schon einen Namen: Team Hyper v Prof Z

Taschenschieber

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 30.10.2011 | 16:04 »
Machst du ein Designtagebuch?

Ein

• Gast
« Antwort #5 am: 30.10.2011 | 16:28 »
Ja, drüber reden ist ja einer der Bedingungen beim Naga Demon.

Taschenschieber

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 31.10.2011 | 14:00 »
Bei mir wird es darauf hinauslaufen, dass ich das Scheißtolle Universalspielsystem (kurz: STUSS), das mir seit ein paar Tagen im Kopf rumschwirrt, zu Papier bringe. Am Ende wird das dann wohl ziemlich unspielbarer Murks, aber einen Versuch ist es wert und wenigstens weiß ich hinterher SaWo und FATE wieder richtig zu schätzen.

Ein

• Gast
« Antwort #7 am: 31.10.2011 | 14:05 »
:d

Taschenschieber

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 31.10.2011 | 14:06 »
Hey, man muss sich eben realistische Ziele setzen :D