Autor Thema: D&D 4e Smalltalk  (Gelesen 349837 mal)

Offline Adanos

• Hero
  • Username: Adanos
RE: D&D 4e Smalltalk
« Antwort #275 am: 19.01.2008 | 18:39 »
Nein, ich gehe eben davon aus, dass sich die Waffenwerte verändern werden. Die Schadensvervielfachung beim Crit fällt schon mal als Faktor weg. Dann kann man die Waffen aber nur über ihren Schadenswürfel unterscheiden und wie man da balancen will ist mir noch schleierhaft. In DnD war es nicht immer ein Nachteil wenig Schaden zu haben, wenn die crits einfach um so verheerender waren. Jetzt bedeutet, wie ich das zumindest sehe, niedriger Schaden fast automatisch schlechter, es sei denn es ist eine leichte Nahkampfwaffe bezüglich Dual Wield. Aber so, naja.

Die Threat Range als faktor wird wohl auch wegfallen, zumindest geht das so aus dem Text hervor, wo nur noch von "Roll a 20" die Rede ist. Der Text erweckt den Eindruck, als wolle man es auch so einfach halten.
Damit ginge ein weiteres Element verloren.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
  • Username: Selganor
« Antwort #276 am: 19.01.2008 | 19:01 »
Schon mal dran gedacht dass es auch andere (neue) Faktoren geben koennte?

Aber genug darueber geredet... Dieser Thread sollte nur Infos sammeln.

Daher hier nochmal der Hinweis auf den neuesten D&D Podcast mit dem Titel "You May Already Be Playing 4th Edition" unter http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/4pod/20080111e18 in dem Autoren von Star Wars Saga Edition, Book of 9 Swords, Complete Mage und Magic Item Compendium verraten welche 4e-Elemente schon in den Buechern drin sind und wie sie diese Buecher veraendern wuerden wenn sie sie jetzt nochmal und "mehr nach 4e" machen koennten.
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Offline Archoangel

• superkalifragilistigexpialigetisch
  • Legend
  • Stimme der Vernunft
  • Username: Archoangel
« Antwort #277 am: 21.01.2008 | 18:21 »
Zitat
Mike Mearls hat folgendes geschrieben:
I think the most important lesson I (re-) learned in the entire 4e process is that playing D&D or any other RPG is an intensely personal activity. There's a reason why we game with our friends, usually at the home of a friend, over food and drink. This is intensely personal stuff, where we say and do things that we wouldn't let loose in public.

RPGs also encourage creation, and that spawns an intense feeling of ownership. Those are good things, IMO, because there aren't many other things in modern society that drive those very human needs.

What that does mean, though, is that it's very, very easy to piss people off when you change D&D or any other RPG. It's like giving their baby plastic surgery without asking first, or re-arranging their house while they're away on vacation. Even if you do a great job, there's a good chance they're going to be pissed off on general principle.

At the end of the day, all you can hope for is that enough people thought their baby was ugly, or their house crappily laid out, that they happy with the change or able to accept it after giving it a try. I think the stuff we've done does make improvements to areas where the game didn't work all that well, makes the game more accessible, and makes it easier to play D&D.

In the end, gamers get to judge whether the changes we have made are for the good of the game or not. When the game is out there, then we'll know. Right now, you have some people who want it to fail for various ideological, personal, or other random reasons, and others who want it to succeed for all the same factors. All that conjecture and hope doesn't mean anything until the game comes out and the vast majority of gamers who are stuck somewhere in the middle pass judgment.

Zitat
Lizard hat folgendes geschrieben:
This is a great analogy, but maybe it wasn't *quite* the message you wanted to send...

I mean, the fact is, D&D isn't our baby -- it's WOTCs, and they hired you to do plastic surgery on it. Now, I am in the camp that thought it didn't need it -- maybe some glasses, a new hairstyle, or a more stylish diaper. However, you'll never catch me saying WOTC didn't have the RIGHT to change it, or that they somehow "owe" me something for the time/money/emotion invested in the game. I am openly disappointed with many of the design decisions, feel that the game has been made more hostile to my playstyle, and think most of the "fixes" were unnecessary at best, done purely for the sake of change at worst -- but I will never say that either you or WOTC didn't have the right to do this or that I have been robbed/ripped off/otherwise "harmed" in any way.

Zitat
This might seem a little funny, but I actually disagree with you. I think that D&D *is* your baby, and we're basically its caretakers.

I have a lot of clear memories of my reaction to 2e. It didn't change enough, and much of what it did change was random (why can't I keep playing a monk?). The game was still playable, but it wasn't the same to me. A lot of people seemed to agree with me, because in a few years we ended up with TSR up for sale. I stopped gaming for almost four years because of I eventually got sick of the tone and content of TSR, specifically Greyhawk, products.

D&D's healthy and vital are directly linked to the enthusiasm and happiness of its player base. I think that in some media, you can get away with a bad product through inertia. The nth book of a best selling fantasy series is going to sell as long it isn't complete gibberish. A direct to DVD movie with enough T&A and random violence is going to sell a minimum number of copies. Slap Batman on a comic, and you've guaranteed a ton of sales.

D&D is too active to get away with that. If the game doesn't appeal to its fans, they'll find better tools for their dungeoncrawls, their epic stories, their intricate, political thrillers.

I think I DO owe you something for the time and money you've invested in the game. Now, I can't promise that we can meet every individual gamers' needs or desires, but we do try to change the game to match what D&D players as a whole want.

Zitat
und auf die Frage:
Zitat:
Did tabletop gamers actually ask for more MMORPG-style powers and tiefling PCs?

I honestly think that, short of changing nothing in the game, we would've been accused of copying MMOs. We never heard that with Book of Nine Swords, Tome of Magic, Magic Item Compendium, or even the monster revision articles I did, all of which drew on core 4e stuff. We heard criticisms, but the MMO thing was never loud enough (if it was even there) for me to see it.

Many of the changes we've implemented have been asked for by gamers, or at least are changes to features that people don't like about 3e:

1. Generating numbers for NPCs is like doing (really boring) homework.
2. The game seems to function best at about levels 5 to 12.
3. High level games are cumbersome and difficult to run.
4. Low level games are swingy.
5. The CR system is confusing and produces wonky results.
6. Spellcasters outclass everyone else.
7. Multiclassing works for only certain combinations. Classic tropes (warrior-wizards) need new core classes because the core system doesn't work.
8. Characters have too few skill points.
9. Monsters are unnecessarily complicated.
10. You don't get enough feats.
11. Attacks of opportunity are confusing.
12. Magic items are really important, but it isn't equal. Some items are critical, others are complete chaff.
13. There are a number of weird little subsystems that introduce unnecessary complexity, like grappling.

There's more, but I'm tired, and I have more weird analogies to dream up.

Now, your particular group might not notice any of these, but in the aggregate these are some of the issues with the current game. A good DM can avoid all of them, but why not fix stuff that we could improve?
4E Archoangel - Love me or leave me!

Methuselah-School GM

Ideologie ist der Versuch, den Straßenzustand durch Aufstellung neuer Wegweiser zu verbessern.

Samael

• Gast
« Antwort #278 am: 21.01.2008 | 18:38 »
1. - 13. sind alles valide Punkte. Die werden das schon gut angehen.

WitzeClown

• Gast
« Antwort #279 am: 21.01.2008 | 18:41 »
Da kann ich nur zustimmen.

Punkt 2,3,4, 6 und 7 sind auch mir immer wieder aufgestoßen.

Offline Adanos

• Hero
« Antwort #280 am: 21.01.2008 | 19:43 »
Wobei es eigentlich sogar sinnvoll ist, dass ein Fighter-Wizard aus Nischenschutzgründen nicht so effektiv ist. Warum man dann aber Duskblade und consorten, die das umgehen einführen muss, verschliesst sich mir allerdings.

Der Rest der Punkte ist sehr fundiert.

Speziell zu den Skillpoints könnte man aber Probleme leicht beheben, indem man gewisse Skills einfach zusammefasst. Statt Move Silently und Hide einfach "Stealth", statt Listen und Spot einfach "Perception".
Besonderheiten für gewisse Sinne (Hören oder Sehen) dann über Class Features oder Feats, wenn man differenzieren möchte. Dann bleibt auch mehr übrig für andere Skills.

Offline 1of3

• Richtiges Mädchen!
  • Titan
  • Proactive Scavenger
  • Username: 1of3
    • Sea Cucumbers and RPGs
« Antwort #281 am: 21.01.2008 | 19:58 »
Wobei es eigentlich sogar sinnvoll ist, dass ein Fighter-Wizard aus Nischenschutzgründen nicht so effektiv ist. Warum man dann aber Duskblade und consorten, die das umgehen einführen muss, verschliesst sich mir allerdings.

Die Kritik war, dass etwa ein Fighter/Rogue in seinen beiden Feldern besser funktioniert als ein Fighter/Wizard:

Zitat
7. Multiclassing works for only certain combinations.

Wenn man nun Klassen frei mischen kann, sollte das nicht passieren, sonst kann man gleich nur bestimmte Kombinationen zulassen.

Zitat
Speziell zu den Skillpoints könnte man aber Probleme leicht beheben, indem man gewisse Skills einfach zusammefasst. Statt Move Silently und Hide einfach "Stealth", statt Listen und Spot einfach "Perception".
Besonderheiten für gewisse Sinne (Hören oder Sehen) dann über Class Features oder Feats, wenn man differenzieren möchte. Dann bleibt auch mehr übrig für andere Skills.

Stealth wirds geben genauso wie Perception.
Thievery wurde ebenfalls schon als Skill genannt (Ich tippe auf Disable Device, Use Rope, Open Lock und Sleight of Hand),
sowie Acane (Knowledge: Arcane + Spellcraft + Use Magic Device)
und Nature (vermutlich Knowledge:Nature + Survival).
« Letzte Änderung: 21.01.2008 | 23:14 von 1of3 »

Offline Adanos

• Hero
« Antwort #282 am: 21.01.2008 | 22:54 »
Dann hätten sie wohl doch lieber nur bestimmte Kombinationen zulassen sollen, bevor sich die Nischen zu sehr vermischen.
Die neuen Skills klingen aber gut.

Was mir auch gefällt ist die Neugestaltung des Kosmos und das Redesign der Teufel und Dämonen.

Offline Heinzelgaenger

• Hero
  • -rollt seinen Wonzling in Richtung Küche-
  • Username: Einzelgaenger
« Antwort #283 am: 22.01.2008 | 15:14 »
Hm, mittlerweile sind meine Gefühle bezüglich Patch 4.0 sehr gemischt.

Die meisten halten sich nicht vor Augen, dass Game Design-Philosophien sich in den letzten 20 Jahren nicht nur  geändert haben, sondern auch die Ansprüche qualitativ in alle Richtungen gewachsen sind.

Zum einem:
Während die Sprünge von D&D auf AD&D vernachlässigbar waren (im Grunde nur eine Ansammlung von Hausregeln), so war 3.0 das erste qualitativ hochwertige Regelgerüst, welches tiefer in die Materie eindrang, zum Guten wie zum Schlechten.
Einige behaupten damals, AD&D und 3.0 wären inkompatibel. Jedoch musste man nicht besonders findig sein um niedrigstufige Helden mit ein paar zusätzlichen Skills und Feats auszurüsten, der Flyer war absolut unnötig und mehr ein Fanboy Gadget. Schwieriger wurde es bei hochstufigen Helden mit mehreren Klassen (teilweise konnte man es da wirklich vergessen)
Aber das Spiel war immer noch das Gleiche. Die Kosmologie, Schwierigkeitsgrad und Feeling, alles war bekannt. In den Realms fühlten sich Trolle noch immer gleich an und eine Level 20 Party war irgendwie witzlos zu spielen.
Das wird jetzt anders.

Zum anderen:
Mit 4.0 wird versucht, von Grundauf D&D zu reformieren und anhand der wichtigsten bekannten Errungenschaften ein schlankes, fetziges Regelgerüst zu extrapolieren, ohne Rücksicht auf viele Traditionen. Die wenigsten sind mir persönlich dabei heilig.
Jedoch: Ab einer bestimmten Stufe von Designqualität geht es nur noch um geschmackliche Details. Und der war eben seit jeher mehr oder weniger festgelegt.

Diese "Details" sind nun verhandelbar geworden.

Einige der Erkenntnise Mikes sind zwar nett und gut, aber es ist selten sinnvoll, die Fans ernsthaft am Designprozess zu beteiligen.

1. Generating numbers for NPCs is like doing (really boring) homework.
Stimmt- aber die Frage ist, ob so etwas in Regeln gegossen werden muss, dass
2. The game seems to function best at about levels 5 to 12.
Stimmt, einer der wenigen Punkte die , obwohl geschmackliches D&D Fundament seit Äonen, geändert werden müssen.
3. High level games are cumbersome and difficult to run.
siehe 2
4. Low level games are swingy.
siehe 2
5. The CR system is confusing and produces wonky results.
siehe 1
6. Spellcasters outclass everyone else.
Kommt darauf an, wie man das Spiel spielt.
7. Multiclassing works for only certain combinations. Classic tropes (warrior-wizards) need new core classes because the core system doesn't work.
Multiclassing ist zunächst einmal ebenso eine geschmackliche Frage: wie mächtig darf ein Fighter sein, der nebenbei Magie studiert? Da das neue D&D sich ganz auf Spielbarkeit und Balancing Fairness konzentriert, wird es wohl die angedrohte Regellösung geben: der Magier/Kämpfer ist ein Klasse, was ich geschmacklich schauderhaft finde.
8. Characters have too few skill points.
Duh!
9. Monsters are unnecessarily complicated.
Ich will verdammt sein, wenn spätestens in drei Jahren D&D 4 nicht das Gleiche blüht
10. You don't get enough feats.
siehe 8
Ade! ...schade
12. Magic items are really important, but it isn't equal. Some items are critical, others are complete chaff.
Duh! Selber schuld, waren das blödeste an 3.0
13. There are a number of weird little subsystems that introduce unnecessary complexity, like grappling.
siehe 9

Offline 1of3

• Richtiges Mädchen!
  • Titan
  • Proactive Scavenger
    • Sea Cucumbers and RPGs
« Antwort #284 am: 22.01.2008 | 20:30 »
Zitat
wird es wohl die angedrohte Regellösung geben: der Magier/Kämpfer ist ein Klasse, was ich geschmacklich schauderhaft finde.

Woraus schließt du das jetzt?

Offline Tantalos

• Bayrisches Cowgirl
  • Administrator
  • Legend
  • Username: J.Jack
« Antwort #285 am: 22.01.2008 | 20:41 »
Zitat
Ade! ...schade

Gibts noch...
Rebellion? Läuft gut!

Offline Archoangel

• Legend
  • Stimme der Vernunft
« Antwort #286 am: 23.01.2008 | 00:39 »
So, nun mich ;) :

Ich wünschte mir der 13-Punkte-Plan wäre zu Beginn der Spekulationen erwähnt worden, dann gäbe es wahrscheinlich weitaus weniger kritik an der 4e, als zum jetzigen Zeitpunkt.

Methuselah-School GM

Ideologie ist der Versuch, den Straßenzustand durch Aufstellung neuer Wegweiser zu verbessern.

killedcat

• Gast
« Antwort #287 am: 23.01.2008 | 13:08 »
Gibts noch...
Das finde ich jetzt schade. Die Attacks of Opportunity waren für mich das dümmste an D&D. Unnötig, verkomplizieren das System, machen Figuren fast erforderlich um Kämpfe überhaupt spielen zu können. Einfach weglassen konnte man sie auch nicht, weil manche Klassen sonst witzlos sind (Monks). Wenn die AoO immernoch drin sind, obwohl das erkannt wurde, frage ich mich, was die eigentlich verbessern wollen.

Offline Tantalos

• Bayrisches Cowgirl
  • Administrator
  • Legend
  • Username: J.Jack
« Antwort #288 am: 23.01.2008 | 13:17 »
Zitat
Wenn die AoO immernoch drin sind, obwohl das erkannt wurde, frage ich mich, was die eigentlich verbessern wollen

Was man weiß: Schaden wird anders berechnet (maximiert und nicht verdoppelt).
Vermutet (von mir): Bonusschaden wird auch maximiert, OAs nur noch gegen angrenzende Felder und nicht mehr bei großer Reichweite
Rebellion? Läuft gut!

Offline JS

• Titan
  • Ich war es nicht!
  • Username: JS
« Antwort #289 am: 23.01.2008 | 13:24 »
Die AoO empfand ich als sinnvolles Element der 3e, weil alte AD&D-Idiotien damit unterbunden oder eingedämmt wurden. ("Ich renne an den 20 Wächtern im Gang vorbei und greife direkt den Magier hinter ihnen an...")
Wer gern sagt, was er denkt, sollte vorher etwas gedacht haben.

Offline 6

• Der Rote Ritter
  • Titan
  • So schnell schiesst der Preuß nicht
  • Username: Christian Preuss
    • Miami Files
« Antwort #290 am: 23.01.2008 | 13:25 »
Die AoO an sich fand ich auch ein gutes Regelnovum. Nur die eigentlichen Regeln sind meiner Meinung nach viel zu kompliziert und unintuitiv.
Ich bin viel lieber suess als ich kein Esel sein will...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicht Sieg sollte der Zweck der Diskussion sein, sondern
Gewinn.

Joseph Joubert (1754 - 1824), französischer Moralist

Offline JS

• Titan
  • Ich war es nicht!
« Antwort #291 am: 23.01.2008 | 13:56 »
Richtig. Das hätte man auch einfacher machen können. Aber ganz wegnehmen würde ich sie nicht.

killedcat

• Gast
« Antwort #292 am: 23.01.2008 | 14:44 »
Sorry, AoO: unnötig wie ein Eisschrank im Iglu. Wenn die noch drin sind ist das für mich ein starkes Argument auf die 4te Ausgabe zu verzichten. Sie waren eines der stärksten Argumente für mich die dritte Ausgabe nicht zu spielen. Mal schauen wie stark die in den Regeln verwoben sind. Wenn ich die wieder ausbauen kann wird vielleicht doch noch was aus D&D4.

Ich halte es immernoch für gestört ein so spezifisches Minature-Gaming-Element in ein Rollenspiel zu packen.

Schulterzuck - offenbar gibt es Liebhaber für diese Regeln. Es gibt ja auch Liebhaber für alles. Ich werd es aber nie verstehen können.

Offline JS

• Titan
  • Ich war es nicht!
« Antwort #293 am: 23.01.2008 | 14:59 »
Naja, du mußt ja auch nicht alles verstehen.

Offline Selganor [n/a]

• Titan
  • Username: Selganor
« Antwort #294 am: 24.01.2008 | 00:18 »
Dran denken... Hier sollten nur reine Infos (und keine Diskussionen/Unterhaltungen) zur 4e stehen.

Die AoO-Diskussion habe ich mal nach http://tanelorn.net/index.php/topic,39438.0.html ausgelagert
Abraham Maslow said in 1966: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail."

Offline Archoangel

• Legend
  • Stimme der Vernunft
« Antwort #295 am: 24.01.2008 | 10:36 »
Ein neuer Design&Development Artikel:

Zitat
Zitat:
One of our goals in 4th Edition was to reduce characters’ reliance on magic items. The most important portion of this goal involved removing a lot of the magic items that were essential just so your character could feel effective, like stat-boosting items, amulets of natural armor, and the like. We also felt like these items weren't as exciting as magic items should be, yet characters depended on them heavily to feel adequate in proportion to their level. We felt that the cool stuff a character can do should come from that character’s abilities, not his gear.

Items are divided by item slot, much like they were in D&D 3.5 (though it took until Magic Item Compendium for the system to be quantified clearly). As before, you can only wear one item in each slot. The number of slots has been reduced (by combining slots that were similar), to keep the number of items manageable and easy to remem-ber. You still have a ton of choices for items in the game, and when we were still using more slots, our playtesters reported that it caused information overload.
Primary Slots

We've preserved a number of items that have traditional “plusses.” These are the items we expect everybody to care about, and the ones that are factored into the math behind the game. If you’re 9th level, we expect you to have a set of +2 armor, and the challenges in the game at that level are balanced accordingly. Here are the primary item slots:

Weapon/Implement: Whether you’re swinging a mace or blasting with a magic wand, you have an item that adds to your attack and damage. These weapons also set your critical hit dice (the extra dice you roll when you score a critical hit, see the Design & Development article, "Critical Hits"). Even though this is called an item slot, that doesn’t mean you can’t wield more than one weapon, because that would make the ranger cry. 3.5 Equivalents: Weapons, holy symbols, rods, staffs, wands.

Armor: This category now includes cloth armor, so the wizard in robes has magic armor just like the rest of the group. Magic armor adds an enhancement bonus to your Armor Class. 3.5 Equivalents: Body, torso.

Neck: An item in the neck slot increases your Fortitude, Reflex, and Will defenses, as well as usually doing something else snappy. The most common items are amulets and cloaks. 3.5 Equivalents: Shoulders, throat.
Secondary Slots

These items don’t have enhancement bonuses. That makes them essentially optional. You could adventure with no items in your secondary item slots and not see a huge decrease in your overall power. Take what looks cool, but don’t worry about having empty slots.

Arms: These are bulky items that fit over your arms, such as bracers, vambraces, and shields. You’ll notice that shields no longer have an enhancement bonus. Instead, shields have special defensive effects and items you wear instead of shields, like bracers, are more offensive. 3.5 Equivalents: Arms, shields.

Feet: Focused on mobility and special movement modes, you can be pretty sure what you’re getting when you look at magic boots, greaves, or sandals. 3.5 Equivalent: Feet.

Hands: Thinner items that fit on your hands fall into this category. This includes gauntlets and gloves. They usu-ally help out your attacks or help your manual dexterity. 3.5 Equivalent: Hands.

Head: These items increase your mental skills or enhance your senses. Helmets, circlets, and goggles all fall in this category. Another major subcategory here includes orbitals, such as ioun stones. If you see someone with an orbital, it’s a good bet you’re dealing with an epic character. 3.5 Equivalents: Face, head.

Rings: This slot has changed quite a bit. A starting character isn’t powerful enough to unleash the power of a ring. You can use one ring when you reach paragon tier (11th level) and two when you’re epic (21st level). And before you get started about how Frodo sure as hell wasn’t epic, let's be clear: the One Ring was an artifact, not a magic item any old spellcaster could make. Artifacts follow their own rules. 3.5 Equivalent: Rings.

Waist: Items you wear around your waist are usually about protection, healing, or increasing your Strength tem-porarily. 3.5 Equivalent: Waist.
Other Items

Some items don’t use item slots. Some of them aren’t useful in combat. Others can be useful in a fight, but only once in a while.

Potions: Potions are consumable items, and they're mostly focused on healing effects.

Wondrous Items: This category no longer includes wearable items. These are utility items that don’t take up space on your body or act as weapons.

Example

Here’s what my 11th-level gnome warlock, Dessin, is wearing right now:

Implement: +3 rod of dark reward
Armor: +3 leather armor
Neck: +2 cloak of survival
Arms: Bracers of the perfect shot
Feet: Wavestrider boots
Hands: Shadowfell gloves
Head: Diadem of acuity
Rings: None right now, sadly
Waist: Belt of battle
Wondrous Items: Bag of holding

Methuselah-School GM

Offline Heinzelgaenger

• Hero
« Antwort #296 am: 24.01.2008 | 14:42 »
"wird es wohl die angedrohte Regellösung geben: der Magier/Kämpfer ist ein Klasse, was ich geschmacklich schauderhaft finde."
Woraus schließt du das jetzt?

"Classic tropes (warrior-wizards) need new core classes because the core system doesn't work."

e.g. ein Warrior/Wizard wird "Spellblade" oder was ähnliches.

Offline 1of3

• Richtiges Mädchen!
  • Titan
  • Proactive Scavenger
    • Sea Cucumbers and RPGs
« Antwort #297 am: 24.01.2008 | 14:58 »
Nein. Das ist der Ist-Zustand. Wie alle Dinge in der Liste soll das geändert werden.

Aus diesem Grund werden z.B. Arcane Spell Failures abgeschafft, um rüstungstragenden Magiern nicht noch extra eine reinzuwürgen.

Offline Heinzelgaenger

• Hero
« Antwort #298 am: 24.01.2008 | 15:30 »
hast warscheinlich recht.

Online Timo

• Bärenmann
  • Mythos
  • Lonesome Traveller
  • Username: ChaosAptom
    • ChaosAptoms Homepage
« Antwort #299 am: 24.01.2008 | 21:22 »
wahrscheinlich wird das Rüstungstechnisch ja auch so wie bei SWSCR(StarWarsSagaCoreRules), d.h. Leute die nicht auf Rüstungen spezialisiert sind(sprich: Talenttree Armor) bekommen halt nur ihren CL auf die Saves drauf, während spezialisierte Krieger da Rüstungsboni(+Fortitude,+DamageThreshold) und mit den passenden Talenten die Rüstung aufaddieren können.

Aber da D&D4 ja auch noch AC zusätzlich haben wird, was Starwars nicht mehr hat, wird das wohl ein bisschen anders laufen.
"The bacon must flow!"